All Greeters and Greeter destinations share the same core values:
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination;
- Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people;
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge;
- All visitors and volunteers are welcome without any kind of discrimination;
- Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respect natural and man-made environments, bringing both cultural and economic enrichment to local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination;
- Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange; create links between people in creating a better world.